Question on splitting windows

From: Frederik
Subject: Question on splitting windows
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 11:21:03 +0200

Hey there!

Often I split windows to have two buffers next to each other, but then I
decide to concentrate on one buffer and therefore I close the window
displaying the other one. Later, I split windows again; but then I get
the same buffer I've been working on in both windows: I've to switch
buffers again to see the two buffers I was working on in the first place.

This is a bit annoying. Is it possible to have the buffer in the new
window, that has been there before?

Thanks & regards

--
Frederik