Re: enviromental variables into dot.emacs

From: daniele.g
Subject: Re: enviromental variables into dot.emacs
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 22:12:05 +0200

> Dgiglio@iol.it (daniele.g) writes:
>
> Hi Daniele,

Hi Tassilo

There was a misunderstanding. I don't want to set an enviromental
variable, I want to _read_ it. For example, I want set up my email address
for Gnus from $USER and $HOSTNAME values. I know I can use getenv to
read them, but I don't know how to use them in my dot-emacs.

My aim is to unify my conf files making them picking as many values as
possible from the same place.
--
                 Tutti per uno, uno per tutti.
                                -- Dumas padre, "I tre moschettieri"