Re: emacs 23.3 with no X window

From: fork
Subject: Re: emacs 23.3 with no X window
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 22:05:03 +0000 (UTC)

Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa <at> web.de> writes:

> Then re-build GNU Emacs in a way that it uses libncurses!

Why bother to respond if that is all you have to say?

Perhaps more productively:  I regularly build emacs on my mac using the
configure, make, make install drill.  I let it default to usr/local/*.  I think
I also have a compiled curses in there too.  Did you try all that already, or
did you download a binary, or what?

I also disable x when I build it.

if you run ./configure --help you will see some useful options