Re: emacs 23.3 with no X window

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: emacs 23.3 with no X window
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 19:40:47 -0700

Jai> I followed the same process you did.  The emacs that comes with the
Jai> mac is: GNU Emacs 22.1.1

Jai> I've run configure with and without specifying a prefix ./configure
Jai> --prefix=$HOME --with-jpeg=no --with-png=no --with-gif=no
Jai> --with-tiff=no

Jai> and ./configure --with-jpeg=no --with-png=no --with-gif=no
Jai> --with-tiff=no

Jai> if I don't add the flags --with-jpeg=no --with-png=no --with-gif=no
Jai> --with-tiff=no configure throws an error and tells me to add those
Jai> flags those flags.

Jai> If I don't configure with prefix, I receive no errors on make and
Jai> (sudo) make install but when I do emacs --version, i still says
Jai> 22.1.1, and NOT 23.3

All this has nothing to do with your original problem.

Please follow fork's advice and run configure --help.  There must be a
termcap related option there.  Please post it here.

What is happening is that emacs is using its own version of the termcap
library that comes with the emacs source.  You must disable that _and_
link with ncurses instead.

Is there a --without-termcap option to configure?

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD