Re: Key binding? in Auctex (LaTex-mode)

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Key binding? in Auctex (LaTex-mode)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 07:38:01 +0200

Am 23.08.2011 05:17, schrieb spinner:

I want to regularly insert the following code into documents that I write in
LaTex-mode via Auctex:

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: LaTeX
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

Since I need to do this regularly, I want to do this with something like key
binding. But I don't know if what I want to do is key binding (like C-c
C-f), a macro, or something else.

auctex probably has provisions for inserting a standard header.
RTFM

Alternatively using some template like yasnippet would do it.

Also you may put the example below at some place where it gets loaded and bound it at some key afterwards:

(defun my-tex-inserts ()
  (interactive "*")
  (insert "%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: LaTeX