Re: My emacs on Windows doesn´t show Images (png, jpeg...) even with .dl

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: My emacs on Windows doesn´t show Images (png, jpeg...) even with .dll-files
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:29:04 +0300

> Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:19:37 +0200
> From: Philipp Hahne <philipp.hahne@kit.edu>
>
> > Are you restarting Emacs after each new DLL you install?  You should.
> >
> > If you did restart it, then I'm stumped.  All I can say is that the
> > same binary works for me with these DLLs.  Sorry.
> >
> yes I did restart Emacs quite often.
>
> Well, thanks for helping me anyway.
>
> Maby some one else has an idea?

One more from me: are you sure Emacs uses the DLLs you want it to?
Perhaps there's another DLL earlier on the DLL search path, and Emacs
loads it?  I suggest to use one of the utilities that can show DLLs
open by processes on your system to find this out.

For example, in Process Explorer (from Sysinternals) you can type
Ctrl-F, type "jpeg" into the search field, and have ProcExp show you
which programs on the system, including Emacs, use what jpeg DLLs.
Maybe this will unlock the mystery.