Re: C preprocessor defines not taken into account by Cedet/Semantic

From: Steve Revilak
Subject: Re: C preprocessor defines not taken into account by Cedet/Semantic
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 12:57:06 -0400

From: Abdellatif El Khlifi

I am trying to use Emacs as an IDE in my Linux kernel development projects.
So I installed CEDET and GNU Global (gtags) with no problems.

When I open a C source code belonging to my Linux kernel source folder, the
linux project is detected automatically. Functions, variables, headers and
other keywords are highlighted correctly.

Through the ~/.emacs file I configured semantic's code completion and
intellisense. So when I press C-<SPC> the code completion menu appears and I
can choose what's needed.

The issue is when I use preprocessor defines, the intellisense system shows
the menu on the current location but doesn't detect the right things when
invoked (C-<SPC>). Even I close and restart emacs the same behavior is
reproduced.

I thought that global didn't index preprocessor defines.

If you cd to the directory containing GTAGS and run

  global FOO

where FOO is the name of a #define'd preprocessor symbol, does global
output the file containing the definition?

Steve