Re: info node missing(auctex-devel)

From: Shiyuan
Subject: Re: info node missing(auctex-devel)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 19:17:04 -0500

Hello,
    It seems that simply adding info files to the INFOPATH directories is not enough for the info node to show up by C-h i m auctex and we need to modify some file to let emacs know there is a new info file. I confirm this by cheating emacs by renaming the auctex.info-1 to the name of an existing info file which can be display correctly by C-h i(for example, ada-mode).  If I do that, I can see the info of auctex under the original node's name (eg. Ada-mode). So when a package is installed, which file does it modify to let emacs know a new info filed needed to be added? Thanks.

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Shiyuan <gshy2014@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 11:51 AM, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Shiyuan <gshy2014@gmail.com> wrote:
>>(add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list
>>
>>             >(expand-file-name "/opt/share/info"))
>>
> According to http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/InfoPath,
> Info-default-directory-list will not be used if INFOPATH is defined but
> Info-directory-list should always be defined and used. But How comes I
> cannot see it?  Thanks.

Then try something like this very early in your init file instead:

(setenv "INFOPATH" "/opt/share/info:$INFOPATH" t)
By adding this line,  the correct location of the info files are in the Info-directory-list. However, I sill could not find the node AUCTeX under emacs info mode.  And it cannot be located by C-h i m auctex. Is it hidding deep down some other nodes. But I can see the info by using the linux command line: info auctex.
Thanks.