finding files not visited

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: finding files not visited
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:10:29 +0100

I'm working on a code-base (python) which is very nested, in a Java-like
style, and there are really thousands of files.

I would like to access easily to files even if they are not visited yet.

My idea is that if I am on path X on disk pressing C-x C-f would show me
first the current files, then writing something which is not found could
look for (with find for example) in the subdirectories to find the file
that I wanted.

Is it possible to achieve something like this?

Thanks,
Andrea