Re: emacs latex mode, color highlighting only

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs latex mode, color highlighting only
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 04:55:19 -0400

> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 13:22:03 +0200
> From: Marco Grazzi <marco.grazzi@sssup.it>
>
> On Xemacs, it was possible to get color only highlighting (no font),
> for instance with the mouse
> Options -> Syntax highlighting -> (selecting color only, and not font)
>
> So far I could only enable/disable the fonts&color highlighting jointly,
> with M-x font-lock-mode or global-font-lock-mode
>
> I would really like to have color only highlighting in Latex (for
> rectangular pasting it is pretty useful not have the characters
> changing size).
>
> Is it possible? Also through customization of the .emacs would much useful

Yes, it is possible, but only through face customization.

Type "M-x list-faces-display RET".  Emacs will show the faces it knows
about.  (If you want to customize faces used by a certain mode, be
sure to visit at least one file that triggers that mode.)  Each face
has a clickable link that will show a customization buffer, where you
can reset the font to the default one and leave the rest.  Then save
the customizations for future sessions and restart Emacs.