What is the best use Emacs lisp or Python and communicate through a pipe

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: What is the best use Emacs lisp or Python and communicate through a pipe?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 01:53:39 +0300

To be more specific suppose that I want write
blogging mode for Emacs. It will be use:

 * http/https
 * REST API
 * a lot of XML

Emacs itself provide great editing capability.

But how about http/REST/XML?

There are exist some solutions but as I know
Emacs does not provide they out of the box.

Next problem is a code reuse. If you develop
mode by pure elisp nobody else can use it
outside Emacs.

If you write it on Python (etc.) anyone can use
your solution...

So Elisp or Python + pipe + Elisp?