launching a perl script

From: Mart Zirnask
Subject: launching a perl script
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:54:09 +0300

Hello everybody,

Probably an issue not very complicated: when I try to launch an
external Perl script ("tags#.pl") from Emacs, providing it with the
current buffer name, the editor freezes.

I'm on Windows and here's what I have in my .emacs:

;; Perl tagcloud
(global-set-key (kbd "<f2>")
                      (lambda ()
                        (interactive)
                        (shell-command (concat "perl
~/.emacs.d/tags#.pl " buffer-file-name))))

I'm not a programmer and I started using Emacs for text editing only
recently. What's wrong?

Thanks for any help,
best,
Mart Zirnask,