Re: "like other editors" [was: Re: Poll about proposed change in DEL (ak

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: "like other editors" [was: Re: Poll about proposed change in DEL (aka Backspace) and Delete]
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 17:35:05 +0200

[ ... ]

 Don't get me wrong, I love Emacs and I couldn't
manage to work without it. But the first day experience in Emacs is
definitely one of my worst. My opinion was based on that experience.

Would wish these kind of experience, which also has been mentioned as a steep learning curve, would get more attention still.

BTW my view is: Emacs tutorial should not that much teaching keys but commands - and indeed offer the common copy-and-paste keys for beginners, even if I prefer Emacs-keys.

Andreas