Re: "like other editors" [

From: ken
Subject: Re: "like other editors" [
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 16:39:14 -0400

On 10/03/2011 12:02 PM Richard Riley wrote:
ken <gebser@mousecar.com> writes:

On 10/03/2011 09:41 AM Suvayu Ali wrote:
Hi Ken,

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:18:11 -0400
ken <gebser@mousecar.com> wrote:

Secondly, there are places in the world where people haven't ever
used Windows; instead, their first and only experience with computers
is with Linux.  What sense can it make to them that emacs' behavior
is changed simply to mimic some other editor they've never seen or
used?
You wrongly assumed by modern editors I was talking about Windows
editors[1],
No, I wasn't assuming you were talking about Word.  Since you didn't say which
editor you were talking about, I just picked Word as a foil.  If you re-read my
post, you'll see on my first reference to Word I preceded it by "e.g.", implying
the same thereafter.

Dont you feel using Word (Windows only non programmers editor) was a
little far fetched considering the plethora of cross platform
programmers editors including and not limited to emacs and vi? Never
mind eclipse etc as well as all the FOSS Gnu/Linux stuff like gedit etc?

You're missing the point entirely.  Re-read my original post in this thread.