Re: Poll about proposed change in DEL (aka Backspace) and Delete

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: Poll about proposed change in DEL (aka Backspace) and Delete
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:57:45 +0100

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

[...]

> Hi Tassilo,
>
> I'm in favor of the change now, but was against the feature years ago.
> That might be just a personal story.
>
> Habits differ. And not just differ, but differ in a way, some times
> you can't explain that by rationality.
>
> Even if in favor of the change now, think Ian's argument is valid.
>
> Preparing decision by such a poll is a very good idea BTW,
>
> thanks all
>
> Andreas

+1

Personally, if it wasn't for org-mode showing me how creative you can
really get with Emacs key-strokes, I may well have moved on/out ~
instead I now have dynamic keystrokes that do all manner of things org
stylee.

The fact is ~ if you don't like it, the setting of a single flag will
make your world right. No? And you know very well how to do it.

There are much better battles to have, and I'm all for encouraging new
blood.

Best, Martyn