Re: visiting large files

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: visiting large files
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:39:53 +0200

> From: mehran khajavi <sinoohe.mkh@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:14:25 +0330
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> wow
> great
> thanks
> my problem fixed!

That's good to know.

But could you perhaps share the information about the file anyway?
For example, the following information would be useful to see if there
is some bug in Emacs 24 or some speedup we should look for:

  . How long were the lines in this file, and how many lines are
    there?

  . Are there any empty lines in this file, and if so, how many lines
    are between each pair of empty lines?

  . I'm guessing this file is an ASCII file (otherwise,
    find-file-literally would make it hard or impossible to read), but
    please confirm that guess.

  . What was the major mode that Emacs used to visit this file?

  . Can you perhaps show a typical short fragment from the file?

Thanks in advance.