Re: (la)tex viewer variables

From: josh
Subject: Re: (la)tex viewer variables
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:46:12 +0200

Okay, I posted a little too soon, sorry. I just read the section below
in (info "(auctex)Viewing"), which makes me feel a little more sane,
since I was sure I had already set this up, which I had (customization
variable at the end of my .emacs for TeX-output-view-style), and it
stopped working after upgrading to emacs 23 although I just hadn't
noticed yet, since I had latexed in a while.

However, this would seem to imply that the current documentation for the
soon to be deprecated variable is out of date, because it needs a
reference to using %vv as stated below. At the documention stands, it
doesn't work.

-j

 Note also that the implementation described above replaces an older
one which was less flexible.  This old implementation works with the
variables `TeX-output-view-style' and `TeX-view-style' which are used
to associate file types and style options with viewers.  If desired you
can reactivate it by using the placeholder `%vv' for the View command
in `TeX-command-list'.  Note however, that it is bound to be removed
from AUCTeX once the new implementation proved to be satisfactory.  For
the time being, find a short description of the mentioned customization
options below.