Re: In place (live) editing of matches - is there a package for it?

From: Tom
Subject: Re: In place (live) editing of matches - is there a package for it?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:24:23 +0000 (UTC)

Jambunathan K <kjambunathan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> all.el in GNU's ELPA - http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/
>
> If you are running recent Emacs-24 pretest builds, checkout
> occur-edit-mode.

These are not the same, because I have to do an occur first and
then edit the matches in the occur buffer. Or if it supports
search/replace then I can do it in the occur buffer, but in
that case I can do search/replace in the original buffer in
the first place and the point is making this simpler.

> Btw, You may want to say Hi! to Carsten after reading this mail.
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-10/msg00125.html

I did answer to that:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-10/msg00166.html