Re: Mac terminal.app: starting emacs, possibly as sudo

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Mac terminal.app: starting emacs, possibly as sudo
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 01:43:26 +0200

Am 17.10.2011 um 00:26 schrieb Marius Hofert:

> 1) How can I have the new emacs version opened when typing "emacs" in the
> terminal?

Either reorder PATH or use the whole path to the executable! Or use a shell
alias...

> 2) Is it possible to start emacs in "sudo mode", so starting  emacs via "sudo
> emacs" in the terminal (and then being root when opening a shell from within
> emacs)?

It won't work with the NS and "AppKit" variants (do you know of any "native"
mac OS X GUI application that you can launch with sudo and then runs with
elevated privileges?), it works with the X client and also without windowing
system (in terminal).

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

If all else fails read the instructions.
                                - Donald Knuth