Re: tmm-menubar not showing any menu items?

From: Lachlan Deck
Subject: Re: tmm-menubar not showing any menu items?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:58:59 +1100

Anyone got any ideas on this at all? It's really quite frustrating.

I can only cycle through menu items in the minibar with the left/right arrow
keys on the keyboard (rather than picking via a first-letter from a visual
popup buffer) etc.

Any ideas on how to restore the popup buffer showing all menu items for
completion?

On 13/10/2011, at 12:06 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> (for emacs 24~HEAD from a few weeks ago)
>
> if I start up emacs without any customisations (i.e., emacs -Q), tmm-menubar
> works as expected, showing the buffer of options to choose from via a single
> letter.
>
> However, with my customisations in place many times I find the tmm-menubar
> fails to show anything but the following:
> Press PageUp key to reach this buffer from the minibuffer.
> Alternatively, you can use Up/Down keys (or your History keys) to change
> the item in the minibuffer, and press RET when you are done, or press the
> marked letters to pick up your choice.  Type C-g or ESC ESC ESC to cancel.
> In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.
>
> There are no possible completions of what you have typed.
>
> i.e., no options at all. How would I track down why this is failing?
>
> Lachlan Deck
> lachlan.deck@gmail.com

Lachlan Deck
lachlan.deck@gmail.com