Wrap at Window Edge: Error in pre-command-hook...

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Wrap at Window Edge: Error in pre-command-hook...
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:31:53 +0200

Hi,

I experience a rather strange behavior: If I open a file in visual line mode in
Emacs 23.3 and then switch to Wrap at Window Edge (via Options -> Line Wrapping
in this Buffer -> Wrap at Window Edge), I obtain:

Error in pre-command-hook: (wrong-type-argument symbolp (lambda nil
(interactive) (if visual-line-mode (visual-line-mode 0)) (setq word-wrap nil)
(if truncate-lines (toggle-truncate-lines -1))))

After that, Wrap at Window Edge is enabled, but I don't see the little squiggle
arrows.
If I go back to visual line mode and again switch to Wrap at Window Edge, I
don't obtain the above error anymore. Still, I don't see the little arrows. The
strange thing is, that earlier today, everything worked fine. The only thing I
changed (I checked with a backup file from yesterday) is putting in the
following in .emacs:
(global-visual-line-mode t)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-x t") 'toggle-truncate-lines)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-x w") 'toggle-word-wrap)
But even if I remove these parts from .emacs, I get the above error/behavior.

I also activated Options -> Enter Debugger on Error and reproduced the error,
but there is no *Backtrace* buffer.

Cheers,

Marius

PS: This is on Mac OS X 10.7.2 with Emacs 23.3 (9.0)