Re: help reading assembly code

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: help reading assembly code
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:35:40 +0100

On 10/25/2011 04:43 PM, Buchs, Kevin wrote:
Given my current infatuation with org-mode, I would accomplish the function you describe
above (only) using org-mode. I would make each command a radio link, such that you could
hypertext jump to the documentation on the command wherever it occurs in your program. I
would take a file of command documentation and insert it at the end of my program. Each
command name should be enclosed in<<  >>. The turn on org-mode.

Alternately, I would suggest writing a lisp function which parses out each
command and replaces it with a link with the same text as the label and that
link executes lisp code to bring up the definition, in the message area, a help
buffer, new frame or whatever fits best for you.

Have you checked out asm-mode? That might give you syntax coloring for assembly
that could be useful. You might have to create an child mode with custom syntax
table, depending on your assembly language.

I also like a lot org-mode, but I don't think it would be so helpful in this case... Also a simple function to bind to some key in asm-mode would be perfectly fine, the only problem is that I can't find any reference web-site with all the informations I want.
(which can be indexed easily with each node reachable)