emacs -- simple

From: Jai Dayal
Subject: emacs -- simple
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 18:56:55 -0400

Hi,

 I have a lot of plugins (CEDET for example) that start up when e-macs starts.  Sometimes, I just want to open up emacs quickly to edit some textfile very quickly, and then close it and proceed.  Since I have to SSH into remote servers, with all of the plugins, the latency is quite annoying.

Is there a way I can have the regular emacs command open up with all of my plugins, then have an emacs -s or emacs -simple to open up without the plugins?

Thanks a lot.

Jai