Re: printing non latin chars

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: printing non latin chars
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 17:55:57 +0530

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 5:03 AM, Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:
Hi rusi,

sorry to see that you didn't get more help.  I'm no expert here.

Hey thanks Michael for trying!

It seems to me that there is no trivial solution for what you want.

O cut-paste from emacs to libreoffice works well enough and is trivial enough (with good fonts)

One possibility is to use BDF fonts for ps printing.  In Debian, install
the package "emacs-intl-fonts".  Then, set `ps-multibyte-buffer' to
'bdf-font.  After that, the ps files generated should use these BDF
fonts.  But don't be disappointed: They look not very elegant (bitmap
fonts).

Another possibility is to convert the buffer contents to html and use
some external program to print it.  You can use "htmlize.el" to do
this.  You can get it here:

  http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~hniksic/emacs/

Hope that helps a bit,

Michael.