Re: Are there exist any registry for reserved key binding?

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Are there exist any registry for reserved key binding?
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 14:00:26 +0200

On 2011-11-12, Drew Adams wrote:

>> When I make own mode I would like to select key bindings that does not
>> interference with most other packages/modes.
>> What are the best practice/recommendations to archive this goal?
>
> (elisp) `Key Binding Conventions'

Thanks for reference.

So any major/minor mode designer MUST follow this rules.

I look to 'jabber-keymap.el':

  (defvar jabber-global-keymap
    "Global Jabber keymap (usually under C-x C-j)")

  (define-key ctl-x-map "\C-j" jabber-global-keymap)

So this package define 'C-x C-j' globally. If another package use this key
binding user must resolve conflict manually?

Are there any guide to avoid conflicts?

My suggestion is to check most popular packages and make some thing different
key bindings. But globally maintained key binding registry make life much
easy...

--
Best regards!