Re: Auctex - Commands work but menu-bar not

From: Stefan P
Subject: Re: Auctex - Commands work but menu-bar not
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 21:33:01 +0100

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:
> Why do you have these duplicate files? Did you install two different
> versions/packages of AUCTeX?

I first installed the I standard AUCTeX package of the Ubuntu 11.04
Software Center but i deinstalled it because it has some bug and
AUCTeX didn't work.
Then I installed an debian AUCTeX package like mentioned in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ghostscript/+bug/543266/comments/28
AUCTeX now seems to work except for the mentioned problems.

As you said it seems like I have still two version but dpkg says:
ungerade@ungerade-laptop:~$ dpkg --get-selections | grep auctex
auctex                                          install

I don't know how to get rid of the needless installation.

Thanks,
Stefan