RE: How to pre-load compile command history?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to pre-load compile command history?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 09:54:52 -0800

> (global-set-key "\C-cm" 'compile)
> (setq compile-command "cd
> /home/roy/songza/code/radio/api/mobile/test; python test_api.py")
>
> That works fine, but now I've got several different commands
> that I run often.  Is there some way to pre-load them into
> the compile history, so I can just do c-c m, then up-arrow
> though the history to pick the one I want?

If option `compilation-read-command' is non-nil then you are prompted with
completion for the compilation command to use.  You can set the history variable
`compile-history' ahead of time, so you can then use `M-n', `M-p', `M-s', and
`M-r' to access the commands on your list.

(This is according to what I see in the code in `compile.el'.  I don't often use
`compile' myself.)