Re: edit a file over two linked ssh

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: edit a file over two linked ssh
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 12:14:38 +0100

mehran khajavi <sinoohe.mkh@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I have a question:
> How can I open a file in these steps:
> 1.open an Emacs on my client(desktop)
> 2.connect to my server by Emacs with ssh
> 3.connect to my second server with ssh
> 4.open the file in the second server
>
> the problem is that I can not connect from the first server to second
> server over ssh by Emacs
> this command in the find file doesn't work:
> Find file :
> /scpc:root@myfirstserver:scpc:root@mysecondserver/var/www/myfile.txt

(add-to-list 'tramp-default-proxies-alist
             '("mysecondserver" "root" "/ssh:root@myfirstserver:"))

Then you can open the file as "/ssh:root@mysecondserver:/var/www/myfile.txt".
Note, that the "scpc" method is not suited for multi-hops.

If you take the recent Tramp sources from its CVS repository, you could
use ad-hoc multi-hops:

"/ssh:root@myfirstserver|ssh:root@mysecondserver:/var/www/myfile.txt"

Best regards, Michael.