Re: emacs text mode and formatting

From: Mr. Etter
Subject: Re: emacs text mode and formatting
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 01:36:44 +0000

On 11/23/2011 01:25 AM, Mr. Etter wrote:
On 11/22/2011 09:43 AM, AngusC wrote:

I have created a text file in emacs and saved the file. I later applied
formatting, well bold, using m-o b to some text and re-saved. But when I
re-open the text file I lose the formatting.

I am guessing this is a restriction of the text format rather than emacs
itself. Is there a way I can save the file so that my formatting is
retained?

Sorry for duplicate. Somebody got duplicates. Angus what file type are
you editing?
Mr. Etter

And for the uselessness of my question. I see, text file. Back to homework.