local database types for personal use

From: ishi soichi
Subject: local database types for personal use
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 09:42:08 +0900

Hi.  I have a question about database which can be easily used in Emacs.
Since I have little experience in developing database, I need some advice for it.

An entry of the database will be like,

word  : meaning
         : date it's encountered
         : where (file or URL) it's encountered
         : how often it has shown up so far
         : etc.

There are various ways to implement such LOCAL database with Emacs.
For example,

hash-table
assoc
plain text
csv
splite
and maybe others.

Which method would you suggest for developing a local database like this?

Not to mention that it has to be fast for searching and organizing.

soichi