Re: Emacs ignoring my settings in ~/.emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs ignoring my settings in ~/.emacs
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 15:13:24 +0100

Am 01.01.2012 um 08:54 schrieb Csanyi Pal:

> How can I solve this problem?

Maybe by studying Sid documentation and finding out which system-wide GNU Emacs
start-up file is being used now... (or trace its use with some *trace command)

One other option would be to launch GNU Emacs with --no-site-file (or simply
-q?).

OTOH you can try to find out to which values custom-file and user-init-file are
set. This could show an easy work-around. The variable site-run-file stores the
name of the system-wide GNU Emacs start-up file, so you can find and study it
as well.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Debugging? Klingons do not debug! Our software does not coddle the weak."