sudo in emacs

From: Rajanikanth Jammalamadaka
Subject: sudo in emacs
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 19:47:54 -0500

Hi

My work environment requires that I sudo to an administrative userid using:

sudo -u userid sudo-sh

I normally run emacs using my login userid which is different from the administrative userid.

Is there a way I can do this using tramp?

The problem of doing this from shell/eshell is that I am able to login using the above sudo command but when I open a file using C-x C-f, the filesĀ
are opening with my userid rather than the administrative userid.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Raj