RE: shell-command causes problems with absolute/relative paths in TAGS

From: David Chappaz
Subject: RE: shell-command causes problems with absolute/relative paths in TAGS
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:04:57 -0000

> Try the port of Findutils from here:
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/
>
> I did that port because the one on GnuWin32 is abysmally slow, on any
> drive, not just network ones.

Wow that really makes a massive difference !!

I am not asking for the details, as I'm unlikely to understand, but... how
come the GnuWin32 port hasn't been updated or fixed ?

Not only is your port much faster, it also doesn't completely fall apart
when encountering symbolic links on a unix network drive (which of course
can't be resolved)

You've made my day !
Cheers !
David.