Re: Mouse support does not work

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Mouse support does not work
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:24:04 +0100

Aaron Meurer <asmeurer@gmail.com> writes:

> I can't get mouse support to work in emacs.  I've tried various
> things, but neither scrolling nor any kind of clicking or selection
> does anything.  I'm using iTerm2 in Mac OS X.

I'm not exactly sure if mouse commands are supposed to work in terminal
frames.  For me, mouse commands in an emacs inside an xterm have no
effect at all.  Inside a GNOME terminal, the scroll wheel creates <up>
and <down> events (those are actually events usually created by the
arrow keys), so I can at least scroll a bit.  But clicking inside the
terminal doesn't produce an event that's passed to emacs, but it seems
to be captured by the terminal.

That said, I have the same behavior with vim...

Bye,
Tassilo