Re: Mouse support does not work

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Mouse support does not work
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 00:26:26 +0100

Am 10.1.2012 um 23:50 schrieb Aaron Meurer:

> (can the GUI version of emacs use a non-monospaced font, btw?).

Of course.

>>> - Is there a way to make scrolling not kill an I-search?
>>
>> I don't know! Why do you want to scroll in that "mode"? Because you want to
>> centre the found text at the bottom? Then try C-l! Or press C-l twice. (Or
>> three times...)
>
> I want to scroll around and see what's highlighted, not press C-s a
> bunch of times.

Make the window higher! You could have 100 lines displayed.

>  Scrolling gives me visual feedback on where I am in
> the file that jump scrolling does not.

GNU Emacs allows to display line numbers in the mode-line. Put in the
customisations section of your init file:

        '(column-number-mode t)

In GNU Emacs 23.3b the variable isearch-mode-map contains some mouse events.
Maybe you can add mouse-4 and mouse-5...

>  This is one of the reasons I want it to scroll one line at a time.

The others?

Maybe the developers feel like me that scrolling around is a bit imprecise and
you likely lose the place where isearch found the text...

--
Greetings

  Pete

The human animal differs from the lesser primates in his passion for lists of
"Ten Best."
                                – H. Allen Smith