Re: I need to turn off defadvice warnings

From: jidanni
Subject: Re: I need to turn off defadvice warnings
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 08:00:26 +0800

TH> jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

>> A friend told me to use
>> (defadvice gnus-summary-select-article-buffer ...
>>
>> But now I get
>> ad-handle-definition: `gnus-summary-select-article-buffer' got redefined
>> warnings.
>>
>> Is there anyway to turn them off?

TH> Don't simply turn off a warning, but check what causes it.  In your
TH> case, the warning tells you that

TH>   gnus-summary-select-article-buffer

TH> already has an advice on it.  Your new defadvice deactivates the old
TH> piece of advice and activates the new one.

Well,

that would be nice,

if that was the case.

Unfortunately it is not,

as far as I can tell.

You are welcome to try,

it is all in

http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/

Yes I had to use
(setq ad-redefinition-action 'accept)
to get it to shut up.

No, if I don't advise it, describe-function doesn't show where it was
advised previously.

No I don't know why this advise makes noise but my others don't.

Also if what you say is true, then I say the message ought to be