M-% in macro

From: Daniel Aronovitch
Subject: M-% in macro
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 01:51:27 -0800 (PST)

For some reasons, I've to perform every day a series of search/replace on a
auto generated text file. I've no possibility to access the code that
generate that file to correct the mistakes. So, what I did is a macro in
emacs that performs those search/replace all, that is with a "!" as last
input of each search/replace command. My problem is that if there is no
occurrence of one specific search that might appear on the next day, the "!"
is understood as a typed character and not anymore as "replace all" and
hence is inserted in the text, which is an annoyance.
Does anyone have a idea on how I could avoid that problem. Thanks. DA