Re: Keybindings for Emacs with no X?

From: Angel de Vicente
Subject: Re: Keybindings for Emacs with no X?
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 09:40:09 +0000

Hi,

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:
> For what it is worth I live inside emacs inside an xterm and M-SPC is
> propagated correctly by xterm.  I do have "Meta Sends Escape"
> (XTerm*metaSendsEscape:true) configured in my Xresources for xterm.
>
> Perhaps using xterm would be a solution for you?

I tried, and it certainly was more promising (out-of-the-box) than
gnome-terminal, but not all combinations were propagated correctly, and
when I added gnu screen, then things got pretty bad again, so I was
hoping for a way to correct all the keymappings in some other way.

Thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente
http://angel-de-vicente.blogspot.com/