RE: Make find file case insensitive

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Make find file case insensitive
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 15:52:17 -0800

> Is there a way to make tab completion in find file (C-x C-f) case
> insensitive?  I'm on Mac OS X with hsf+, so the filesystem is case
> insensitive.  I didn't find any options in M-x customize for this.

It depends on your Emacs version.

Starting with Emacs 22, see option `read-file-name-completion-ignore-case.

But in principle Emacs should do the right thing on your platform, without your
needing to do anything.  Consider reporting a bug: `M-x report-emacs-bug',
providing information starting from `emacs -Q' (no init file).