Re: tmux & emacs: window issue

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: tmux & emacs: window issue
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:53:02 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten <quintfall@googlemail.com> writes:

> However, using gnus and an emacs frame splittet into 3 windows, a new
> problem appeared. Before, when visiting a link in an article, w3m just
> opened inside the article window - perfect. Now, w3m overrides the
> windowsplitting in the gnus frame and takes over the whole screen, so I
> avoid following links in the gnus article window.
>
> Did anybody experience similar problems using screen or tmux?

This doesn't seem to be related to tmux at all, i.e., don't you get the
same behaviour when you run an emacsclient without tmux?

What I usually do when I read mail and news in gnus and w3m takes over
the windows configuration: I do a C-c u, which is bound for me to
winner-undo, keep on reading mail and news and read all links I followed
when I am done. Or, if that links is really important, I read it and
then return with winner-undo.

hth
Memnon