RE: Emacs and TMUX/StumpWM

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs and TMUX/StumpWM
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:14:14 -0800

> > [1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OneOnOneEmacs
>
> Drew, how does one experiment with this setup without involving their
> main emacs installation?

Just as it says in the Commentary of oneonone.el
(http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/oneonone.el), put this in your init file:

 (require 'oneonone)
 (1on1-emacs)

Remove those two lines after you're done experimenting.  That's all.

You might also want to add this or equivalent to your .emacs while
experimenting, to make buffers named `*...*' be special-display (dedicated
windows, different background, etc.):

(when (if (fboundp 'display-graphic-p)
          (display-graphic-p)
        window-system)
  (defconst special-display-regexps '("[ ]?[*][^*]+[*]")))

Note that [1] mentions several other files, besides `oneonone.el', which are
also part of my attempt to make frames more usable (One-On-One Emacs).  None are
required by library `oneonone.el', however.  This doc section gives a brief
description of them: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/OneOnOneEmacs#toc5.

In particular, I would suggest trying `fit-frame.el', `autofit-frame.el', and
`thumb-frm.el'.  (Library `thumb-frm.el' requires `frame-cmds.el', which
requires `frame-fns.el'.)

HTH.