Re: default point ?

From: Muhali
Subject: Re: default point ?
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:08:57 -0800 (PST)

> I'd say that point is saved at that point were the text cursor last was.
When it was nowhere, i.e., you opened the buffer without "doing" anything,
then it should be the beginning of the buffer. When you're using desktop.el
and/or session.el, then the point in the buffer can be preserved between
sessions. And sometimes I think GNU Emacs caches point and when I re-open
the file the text cursor is at point where it was when I closed the before
before...

thanks. You are right, but interestingly the expected behavior - point
returning to the old position - was only re-activated after doing some
editing before switching. Before that, and here I am positive, it was as I
described.

M.