RE: bookmark+ and constraint on inserting space in bookmark name, with b

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: bookmark+ and constraint on inserting space in bookmark name, with bookmark-set
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:38:13 -0800

> > I am new to use of bookmark+ (see
> > http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BookmarkPlus) and
> > have noticed a behavior that seems odd to me.  If I use function
> > "bookmark-set" I find that I cannot freely insert spaces into the
> > bookmark name.  The space character is bound to
> > "minibuffer-complete-word" and that is not letting me enter a
> > space as I wish....
>
> I think you just hit a bug.  I can reproduce what you describe.  I've
> contacted the author of Bookmark+, Drew Adams, and we'll try to find a
> fix soon.  Thank you for finding this.
>
> Please don't hesitate to report bugs you find directly to Drew Adams
> <drew.adams AT oracle.com>, even if you are not 100% sure.
>
> BTW: you can still insert spaces with C-q SPC (C-q is `quoted-insert')
> in the minibuffer.

I think I've fixed this bug.  Thanks for the report.  (I read the help-gnu-emacs
mailing list, and the newsgroup-to-mailing-list link is apparently broken, so I
didn't get your initial report.  Thanks to Michael H. for the followup mail.)

FYI - I didn't notice this problem sooner because I use Icicles, and with
Icicles there is no problem entering characters such as `SPC' during completion.
Unlike vanilla bookmark.el, Bookmark+ uses (lax) completion for `bookmark-set',
so you can more easily reuse and edit an existing bookmark name for the new
bookmark.  (FWIW, there are many ways in which Icicles enhances what Bookmark+
offers, but Icicles is not required.)

Please see the Bookmark+ doc for `bookmark-set'.  Let me know if you run into
another problem.