Killing all emacsclients in X11 shuts down emacs server

From: Thorsten
Subject: Killing all emacsclients in X11 shuts down emacs server
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 18:18:07 +0100

Hi List,
when I run one emacs daemon and several emacsclients in 2 sessions
(terminal and X11) I encounter the following inconvenience:

I have several emacsclient windors open in my tmux terminal session, and
just a few (lets say 2) in my X11 session. When I'm done in X11, I close
both buffers with C-x # and go back to the terminal session.
But then emacs daemon has died, although there should be more active
buffers in the terminal session.

I then have to start emacsd again and set up all muy emacsclient windows
in the terminal session again, although I really just wanted to kill the
2 buffers in the X11 session and continue working in the terminal
session.

Is that a known behaviour - killing the last emacsclient buffer in one
session kills the emacs daemon, although there are open emacsclient
buffers in another session?

--
cheers,
Thorsten