Installation for Mac OS X 10.5

From: Matt Pinson
Subject: Installation for Mac OS X 10.5
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 22:03:31 -0500

I downloaded Emacs 23.2 to try to obtain the same software packages on my personal computer that I am using in a university geography lab to interface with Python scripting. I have read through the documentation, but I cannot seem to figure out how to install on my system operating Mac OS X 10.5. I really don't have a lot of background knowledge in computer science, so if someone could help me out with some layperson step by step instructions for Mac OS X 10.5 installation that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.