Re: How do I avoid the line-wrap character?

From: Dennis Lin
Subject: Re: How do I avoid the line-wrap character?
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 12:21:48 -0600

Salutations!

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM, Silvio Levy <levy@msri.org> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way.

I isolate the URL on a line by itself (if it's in a buffer that
I don't mind messing up -- otherwise I copy it to *scratch*).

Then I edit it so it reads

x 'long://and.complicated&url'

Then I use M-| to feed the line to the shell. (x is my alias for the
browser executable, which either opens the browser or adds a new tab
if already open.)

The problem is that I'm running emacs on a headless remote server.  All I want is to display the url uninterrupted so that I can copy it into the browser on my local machine.

Dennis Lin