Re: First character beeps screen sometimes

From: Aaron Meurer
Subject: Re: First character beeps screen sometimes
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 13:47:18 -0700

Good to know it's not just me then :)

I'm not surprised that it's a bug with emacsclient.  emacsclient has a
bunch of little quirky bugs where one client will interfere with
another and things like that.

I can say that this has nothing to do with X.  I compiled emacs with
--with-x=no, and use it entirely in the terminal.

Is there an existing emacs issue about this, or should I report it?
Where is the emacs issue tracker even located?

I just discovered how to reproduce this consistantly.  If I close
emacs using M-x save-buffers-kill-emacs and restart emacs client (I
use emacsclient -a "" -nw file), it always does this with the file I
open.  It does it in cases other than this too, but assuming it's all
the same bug, I should be able to help debug it using this fact.

There is no text printed in the info buffer, except for the standard
"When done with a buffer, type C-x #" before I start typing.

Finally, is there a way to consistently work-around this?  Or maybe
someone industrious can just fix the bug and get it over with.

Aaron Meurer