Re: First character beeps screen sometimes

From: Aaron Meurer
Subject: Re: First character beeps screen sometimes
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:11:17 -0600

It sounds to me like this shouldn't happen.  I remember when I started
using emacs with an older version, I could dismiss the splash screen
just by typing text, and it would jump automatically to the scratch
buffer.  This no longer seems to be the case, though.  Now, it just
beeps when I type in the splash screen (unless I type enter while over
a link).

To answer the other question, I compiled emacs with --with-x=no, and
use it entirely in the terminal.

I tried sending a bug report, and it claimed that it sent it, but I am
skeptical that it worked, because I used my email address and it never
asked me for authentication.  Is there any way to check?  What would
you recommend setting my message-send-mail-function to?

Aaron Meurer