Re: emacs newbie

From: rusi
Subject: Re: emacs newbie
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:18:15 -0000

On Jul 5, 9:27 am, C K Kashyap <ckkash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Andreas and Ian ... good to see the support ... I feel more confident
> now :)
>
> quick question - once I type 'C-h i', then when I press enter on a link, it
> takes me to the topic. How do I get back? I've been doing C-x C-c and then
> reopening emacs -q

p will take you back the info chain (and n will take you forward)
q will quit info (actually it will only bury the buffer outasight)
b will go to beginning of this info page (called node)
A harder kill is C-x k really kills the info but not emacs

But generally good to spend a little time on info info (ie start info
and goto the first node) to figure out how to find out such things.

BTW why are you using emacs -q?
This is for debugging your emacs setup. If you're habitually doing
this either its redundant or something is wrong somewhere.