Re: email, Calendar, PGP, Follow up to Setting Frame Parameters

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: email, Calendar, PGP, Follow up to Setting Frame Parameters
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:28:19 -0000

On 11/23/2011 3:54 PM, Alexander wrote:

Do any of you use emacs for email and mailing lists and calendars? And
how has your experience been? I'll search the wiki and my manual, but I
appreciate hearing from other people.

A lot of us use emacs for email. In fact, increasingly, that is the majority of what I do with emacs these days!

I think you might start using RMAIL, which is an integral part of Emacs. (See the Emacs manual.) Once you are comfortable with it, you can migrate to a more full-featured mail client, such as VM or Gnus. Transitioning from RMAIL to VM is quite painless.

Cheers,
Uday